Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Update on the big boy bed…

It’s gone amazingly well and smooth. Weeble is happily sleeping the nights away in his big boy bed as if it were still his crib! He’s still easy to put down for naps, and he’s yet to come out of his room when he should be sleeping! It’s really amazing, I was SO worried and it’s been a piece of cake. Most mornings and nap times I go in and wake him (the little peanut will just sleep the day away!) but the couple of times that he’s come out of his room in the morning or after nap on his own have been so adorable! He shuts his door behind him when he comes out, which totally cracks me up, and the sleepily comes and finds me, and when he does he always says “its morning now, I get up!” It’s the cutest thing E.V.E.R.!!

Even if he does wake up in the middle of the night, he’s been calling for me and not getting up, which I think is great (even greater when he sleeps straight through, but ya know, beggars can’t be choosers!). Mostly it’s just been one big success and I’m learning more and more everyday that he really is a pretty easy kiddo, and that if I’d stop stressing and just let him do what he’s ready to do, he’s just do it.

1 comment:

  1. What a good boy! It cracked me up,how he says that it is morning even when he wakes up from a nap! Oh, to be young and really have no concept of time! What a wonderful thing! Love to you all, Grandma & Mom

    ReplyDelete