Thursday, March 6, 2008

Big Boy Changes…

Yesterday, Weeble decided that it was ok for him to climb in and out of his crib. I have really really really wanted to keep him in his crib as long as possible. I hated the thought of him being in his toddler bed, but alas, it was time to convert his crib to the toddler bed. I think that it was actually a good thing that it happened the way it did, I didn’t really have a choice, he was climbing in and out and it just needed to be changed, no deadline, no time to prepare, just do it. It made me feel a little sad, and a little weepy. He went from looking so big in his crib, to looking so small in his toddler bed (which is really funny because they are the exact same size!). I worried that when he realized he had the ability to just get out of bed and begin to play we’d have a nightmare on our hands. Well, I’m happy to report that his first night in the ‘big boy’ bed was a complete success, he did not get up once! Hopefully tonight (night 2) will go as smooth…
I must say too that I’m even more in love with his crib. Converting to a toddler bed was so easy and it’s so safe and adorable, and I know that when we change to the full size bed, I’m still going to love it! So, if you know anyone who is looking for a quality bed that will literally last your child a life time (yes, Greyson you will be taking this bed with you when you move out, you know in like 40 years…) I highly recommend this company: http://www.babysdream.com/ I think all the models are beautiful but this is Weebles: http://www.babysdream.com/Products/GenerationNext/Default.htm

1 comment:

  1. I hope all goes well tonight! Do you like your new big boy bed Greyson? Does he know that its his crib converted? Kisses and Hugs to you Greyson!
    Love, Grandma & Mom

    ReplyDelete