Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Two Funnies…

We had a plate full of chocolate chip cookies on the counter over the weekend, and Saturday morning from the moment he woke up, Weeble had been asking for a cookie, and was continually told “Not now honey, after breakfast.” Shortly after breakfast, I came into the office to work on the computer and Greg was getting ready to play golf, Weeble popped his head in the office door.
“What doing Momma?”

“Just working buddy, do you need something?”

“No, I go play now. Ok?”

“Ok, baby. Have Fun.”

After a few minutes, I noticed I didn’t hear any cars clashing, Elmo’s singing, Diego’s rescuing or piano’s playing. “Hmmmm… what is he up to?”

So, as I walk into the living room, I see my sweet Weeble quickly put his hand behind his back and with a mouth covered in chocolate and quite full of cookie as he says: “Hi Momma, I’m just playing!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A little back story first: At night time after stories I often ask Greyson, “Do you want to rock? Or, would you like to get into your crib?”

Now on to my story….

Before my brain even realizes it, I’m half way across the house, hearing little cries of “Mommmmmmy!! Oh… .MOMMY!”

I look at the clock as I pass, it’s 4:37 a.m. man, I had really been sleeping well for a change… “Mommmy!!”

The minute I open his door, his little head pops up above the crib rail and he says, and I quote: “HI! Mommy! Want to rock?”

It totally cracked me up because he said it with question in his voice, like I always do at bedtime asking him, and all I could think at 4 in the morning was rock like rock-n-roll. So of course I started to giggle, which made him giggle and then it took 45 minutes to get him back to bed.

Ahhh… mommy-hood. It ROCKS!

(One last photo from our day at the park, last week...)

1 comment:

  1. Those were rockin chocolate chip funny stories!!!! He is a funny little one isn't he! Thanks for sharing, It made me smile and giggle a little too!
    Love to you all, Grandma & Mom

    ReplyDelete